Family Promise National Facts & Figures – as of August 2012
- More than 5,500 congregations are involved in Family Promise programs.
- 181 Affiliates in 41 states (AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IN IL, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX,UT,VA,WA,WI and WY, and the District fo Columbia)
- 39 Networks are forming, expanding Family Promise into a 42nd state: Missouri
- Over 150,000 volunteers are involved in IHN programs
- More than 300,000 men, women and children have been helped through Family Promise programs
- Last year, over 75% of guest families found permanent or transitional housing
- In a typical Affiliate, half of the guests are chidlren, most of whom are under six years old
- Through the mobilization of existing community resources and thousands of volunteers, Family Promise provides comprehensive services to families at a fraction of the cost of government programs
- As an outgrowth of the IHN program, over 700 direct service and housing programs have been developed
- In 1992, Family Promise received the President’s Annual Points of Light Award for being one of the top twenty volunteer agencies in the country
- Family Promise has been selected to represent American Volunteerism for three consecutive years in a special project, jointly sponsored by the United States Information Agency and The Points of Light Foundation, involving visitors from ten foreign countries
- Through its thousands of volunteers, Family Promise has proven that people DO care about the homeless.